So I am on a quest to turn everyday folks into training ninjas – no not the kind who disappear in a puff of smoke. I am talking about training ninjas who can turn everyday materials into great business training pieces. How you ask?
Well first it starts with a little elbow grease – what do you have available to you? Do you have some PowerPoint files? Or perhaps some clips from previous training sessions?
- Gather: First let’s collect all the materials you have. At this point we are simply assembling files.
- Plan: What is the first topic you are interested in working on? How about some OSHA safety stuff or even some Microsoft Office training to help your staff become more productive.
- Design: So here’s where we come in. You can either do this part or you can ask for assistance. It’s free at www.eleapsoftware.com .
- Tools: You can use free flash converters like iSpring to convert your PowerPoint into ready e-learning materials.
- Screen Capture: Some have asked about capturing screenshots or recording their screens as they narrate a presentation or showcase a product. I recommend Camstudio. It’s free and it works.
We hope these few tips will get you going in the right direction. Remember ask us for any help.